Saguache County having 5 educational sessions on nuisance ordinance
SAGUACHE COUNTY — The Saguache County Board of Commissioners adopted the Saguache County Nuisance Ordinance on Tuesday, April 18, following several readings and opportunities for public comment.
It is the intent of the BOCC to make sure that Saguache County constituents have every opportunity to be educated about how this new ordinance affects them and to be aware of resources available to them.
In addition, it is the intent of Saguache County Code Enforcement and Saguache County Land Use Department to work cooperatively with landowners and other responsible parties.
Five educational sessions will be held throughout Saguache County during the month of June.
- Tuesday, June 20, 5 p.m. at the Center Kiwanis Club Building, 510 South Broadway, Center.
- Wednesday, June 21, 5 p.m. at the KV Estates Clubhouse
- Monday, June 26, 5 p.m. for Town of Sargents at the Tomichi Trading Post, 71420 US Highway 50.
- Tuesday, June 27, 5 p.m. at the Baca Grande POA Hall, 68575 County Road T.
- Wednesday, June 28, 5 p.m. at the Saguache County Road and Bridge Conference Room, 305 3rd St., Saguache.
“The Board of County Commissioners of Saguache County concludes that providing a comprehensive mechanism for identifying, abating, and compelling the removal of rubbish; including trash, junk and garbage is necessary in order to preserve the public health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Saguache County. Nuisances, if not controlled and eliminated, can result in visual blight, incompatibility with existing land uses, attraction of disease infested rodents and other vermin, fire and other hazards, depositing of hazardous or toxic substances in unapproved sites, and air, noise, light and water pollution. The County intends to remedy and eliminate the existence of nuisances,” the county stated.